The full details of this trip is only available to members of the Landrover Club of the ACT.
To find out more about joining the club: Contact the Membership Secretary
If you’re already a member, you can login through the menu button.
- This event has passed.
Backroads to Eden
20 March @ 3:00 pm - 22 March @ 4:00 pmFree
Given recent events in our region, this is going to be a flexible trip and there could be changes to the itinerary at any time, even after we depart.
• Meet in Cooma at corner of Polo Flat and Numeralla Roads at 3 pm Friday 20 March. Anyone interested in joining the trip but cannot get to Cooma on Friday afternoon are welcome to catch up with the group in Bombala on Saturday morning.
• We will take the backroads south from Cooma and then east to Bombala, with a mix of sealed and dirt roads. Given that campgrounds in SE Forest National Park are currently closed, we will likely stay in Bombala caravan park on Friday night. Dinner will be at a club/hotel.
• Leisurely Saturday morning allowing anyone coming from Canberra to catch up before a 10-10.30 am departure from Bombala.
• As the scenic Mount Darragh Road is currently closed, we will head south from Bombala on the Monaro Hwy to Imlay Road (currently open), east to the Princes Hwy, then north to Eden.
• Lunchtime arrival in Eden so we can grab a bite to eat in town (perhaps at the wharf) before heading to a local caravan park (details to be confirmed).
• Dinner Saturday evening at a local club/hotel.
• Sunday morning we will travel north to Tathra for lunch and possibly a swim (and to procure some yummy oysters from Tathra Oysters). After lunch, trip participants make their own way home from Tathra.
As discussed at the February club meeting, the idea is to spend a few dollars to support the local economy, hence eating out for most meals. Likewise, the Bombala IGA is open until 7 pm on Fridays so ideally we can grab some of our essential such as milk, bread and nibbles on arrival in Bombala.
8 people are attending Backroads to Eden
- Paul and Kaylene Koppe
- Can Ercan
- Bob Zeitlhofer
- Peter Gibb
- Tom de Jongh
- Garry Vaughan and Fiona Winkler
- Rick Creech
- Ann Gibbs-Jordan