THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
News this week
- As well as the dinner and picnic day just held, the club is marking its 50th Anniversary with a special commemorative grill badge. See here for more details. The initial order of badges has sold out but a further number of discerning members has indicated an interest in purchasing a badge. The minimum order is for 25 units at a price of $30; so, for a further order, the club would require interested members to deposit $30 per badge into the LRC account. Once a commitment to a total of at least 25 has been made, an order would be placed. If a total of 25 was not reached, the club would establish the new price with the company before placing an order. If the new price was not acceptable to members, a refund would be made.
Good news for old Land Rover owners! The NSW government has decided that the Log Book will become a permanent feature of the Historic and Classic Vehicle Schemes. https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/about/news-events/news/ministerial/2019/191002-historic-and-classic-cars-log-book-to-stay.html
- Don’t forget the upcoming 4WD Spectacular to be held at Queanbeyan Showground over the weekend of 1-2 February 2020.
For more information, see http://4wdspectacular.org.au. Our club will soon be putting out rosters for members to participate in running the show.
- The 2019 AGM will be held on 14 October, due to the holiday weekend.
- Lots of upcoming trips have been posted. Why not organise one yourself? There’s plenty of help available.
- Sell your no-longer-required treasures in ‘Out of the Shed’ under ‘Club Resources‘. Have a look at some new treasures there.