THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
- During January, Endure Web Studio is working on replacing the membership and some other website modules that are no longer supported by their vendors/authors. So, later in January, the LRC site may look quite different and be subject to instability and glitches – hopefully a short-term problem. However, all of the LRC content will be retained. The content of this site will be locked down from Monday 18 January until further notice.
- Several new adverts on Out of the Shed.
- Out of the Shed is now a stand-alone page and the remaining material has been placed on a page called Other Club Resources
- Minutes for the recent November Committee meeting and December Ordinary meeting have been posted (see links on the right hand side of the page)
- There are new trip reports for Spring at the Glen and the November Driver Training Day.