THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
News this week
- Garry Collins has provided a list of upcoming events via the Council of ACT Motor Clubs. These are not LRC events, but they are open to member involvement – for example, a possible display of heritage vehicles at next year’s Canberra Show.
- Russell Speldewinde is organising the LRC Christmas Party at Majors Creek from Friday 29 November to Sunday 1 December. Peter Mercer is organising a short trip for the Saturday. Replies have now closed.
- The 2019 AGM was held on 14 October. Welcome to the new committee – details are at: https://lrc.org.au/about/committee/ . We still need a Social Secretary.
- Get your 50th Anniversary special commemorative grill badge.
- Good news for old Land Rover owners! The NSW government has decided that the Log Book will become a permanent feature of the Historic and Classic Vehicle Schemes. https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/about/news-events/news/ministerial/2019/191002-historic-and-classic-cars-log-book-to-stay.html
- Don’t forget the upcoming 4WD Spectacular to be held at Queanbeyan Showground over the weekend of 1-2 February 2020.
For more information, see http://4wdspectacular.org.au. Our club will soon be putting out rosters for members to participate in running the show.
- Lots of upcoming trips have been posted. Why not organise one yourself? There’s plenty of help available.
- Sell your no-longer-required treasures in ‘Out of the Shed’ under ‘Club Resources‘. Have a look at some new treasures there.