THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
- A Driver training day and Alpine Antics trip are open for registration.
- Yet another advert with Land Rover stuff on Out of the Shed.
- The LRC Christmas Party is open for registration.
- There is a new report for the trip Spring at the Glen.
- Minutes for the recent AGM and correction to the 2019 AGM minutes have been posted (see links on the right hand side of the page)
- A new Committee has been elected at the AGM
- For sale: a set of 5 Tuffant 18 inch rims for D3 & D4 – see Out of the Shed
- Proposed Changes to the ACT Concessional Registration Scheme (CRS) – see News item
- Details of the ACT and NSW historic concessional registration schemes have been added to this site.
- Ray Atkin’s restored Series 1 Land Rover is for sale – See advert in Out of the Shed
- Scanned copies of Land Roving News for 2009, 2010 and 2011 have been added to the Newsletter page.