THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
- Another camper trailer for sale; this time by Jo and Ron Clayton. See advert in Out of the Shed
- Peter Mercer and Gemma Zeitlhofer have put together a Letting the Pressure Out newsletter for July 2020
- See you at the club social gathering and Ordinary meeting planned for Sunday July 12 at The Bungendore Showground
commencing at 11:00am and concluding at approx. 2:30pm. Further details in the July newsletter.
- COVID-19 updates: ACT Government and NSW Government travel advice
- See a comprehensive trip report on the 2019 Birdsville trip from Ann and Tom de Jongh