THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
The big news this week is the club’s upcoming 50th Anniversary
- Our club’s 50th anniversary occurs on 17 August
The President and Committee of the Land Rover Club of the ACT invite you to attend the LRC 50th Anniversary Celebration
Please join us for a three course dinner, guest speakers, displays and entertainment.
Date: Saturday 17th August 2019, 6.00pm for 6.30pm start
Where: Federal Golf Club, Gowrie Drive, Red Hill, A.C.T.
Dress: After 5
Cost: $40 per head (Members) $80 per head (Non-members)
Please register at https://lrc.org.au/event/lrc-50th-anniversary-celebration/
RSVP: 12th July 2019 by remittance # to LRC ACT:
Account Number: 562529
Ref: Your Surname
- The dinner will be followed by a day trip on the Sunday for a picnic lunch at Wee Jasper.
- The club will also mark the occasion with a special commemorative grill badge. See here for more details.
- Don’t forget the upcoming 4WD Spectacular to be held at Queanbeyan Showground over the weekend of 1-2 February 2020.
For more information, see http://4wdspectacular.org.au. Our club will soon be putting out rosters for members to participate in running the show.
- Lots of upcoming trips have been posted. Why not organise one yourself? There’s plenty of help available.
- Sell your no-longer-required treasures in ‘Out of the Shed’ under ‘Club Resources‘. Have a look at some new treasures there.