THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
What’s new this week:
- Please note that the September Ordinary meeting will now be held on 10 September at the usual time and place.
- Please also note that, due to a public holiday etc, the October Ordinary meeting and the 2018 AGM will now be held on Wednesday 10 October at the usual time and place.
- The latest news from the 4WD Association may be read at 4WD Assoc July 2018.
- Lots of upcoming trips have been posted. Why not organise one yourself? There’s plenty of help available.
- Kaylene, our Social Sec, has posted the social trip calendar for the rest of the year. Go to Remainder of 2018 Social Events.
- There’s some new items in ‘Out of the Shed’ under ‘Club Resources’.