THE CLUB FOR
ANY FOUR WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE
The Land Rover Club of the Australian Capital Territory (LRC ACT) is a family-oriented social and recreational club established in 1969 by a group of Land Rover enthusiasts. Nowadays, the club welcomes owners of all makes of four wheel drive vehicles, not only Land Rovers.
Club members participate in various day, weekend and extended trips, as well as social and community activities. The club serves as a friendly forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience related to four wheel driving. Improving driver skills through formal training, along with associated activities such as map reading, navigation, bushcraft and the correct use of recovery equipment, underpins club activities. We support various charities that are aligned to our activities.
Our ordinary club meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except January), starting at 7.30 p.m, at the Eastlake Football Club, 3 Oxley Street, Griffith ACT 2603. The club is actually located on the corner of Oxley and Eyre streets. Exceptions are when the first Monday of the month falls on a holiday weekend – the club meets on the following Monday.
Visitors are always welcome to our ordinary meetings and no prior notice or invitation is required – just come along and enjoy the company!
What’s new this week:
- The Crookwell BLC has been reduced to a Sunday only event. See under Trips
- Membership applications have been received from:
David & Jaime Lewis (plus Oliver, Rosie, Sadie & Grace)The above have been proposed and seconded by LRC-ACT members, and have participated in a qualifying trip. Their applications will be considered at the next club meeting.
- Lots of new trips have been posted for 2018. Why not organise one yourself?
- New trip reports and and other docs have been posted.
- We’ll be looking for reports and photos of the 70th LR Anniversary celebrations in Cooma.
- Details of the 2018 Outback Land Rover Heritage Drive have been posted in News.